Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator

High Availability and DR plan for QV Server

Dear Experts -

What are to be considered while setting up qv DR server in a win cluster.

For example: One instance of qv server is running in for example windowsA server and a new DR instance of QV should be installed in another windowsB server within the same geography and same network. 

Appreciate any inputs here.

Thnxs,

Sean.

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi!

The ttached document explains High Availability and Disaster Recovery options when implementing
QlikView. 
There are two primary sections in this document:
1. QlikView Components
            Description: provides an overview of the main components of QlikView and gives a description of the configuration and data elements to be replicated or backed up for each.
2. QlikView High Availability and Disaster Recovery Scenarios
            Description: highlights the most common approaches to achieve high availability in a QlikView Environment.

I hope this helps, cheers!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi!

The ttached document explains High Availability and Disaster Recovery options when implementing
QlikView. 
1. QlikView Components
            Description: provides an overview of the main components of QlikView and gives a description of the configuration and data elements to be replicated or backed up for each.
            Description: highlights the most common approaches to achieve high availability in a QlikView Environment.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik

Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot Daniele . You are the best.

I got the complete details on this. Thanks qlik team.

Another short question.

Currently, Qv live server is in win 2012, and the DR is planned to set up in another version of win i.e 2016. Will this work.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sean, the best I have for you would be to stop all the Qlik Services, rename the ProgramData\QlikTech folder, then restart the Management Service first, then the other services.  One other key point, did you reboot the server post installation?  That is key on a new install, that is necessary to get all the security groups properly set etc., so if you did not do that, be sure you do so. 

Oh, the other key thing to know, Server 2016 comes with Windows Defender fully enabled, check that out, as if everything is enabled on it, that may be causing communication issues between the services as well.  I think that is everything of which I can think at the moment.  Hopefully this helps if you have not gotten it sorted out yet.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

5 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi!

QlikView. 
1. QlikView Components

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi!

QlikView. 
1. QlikView Components

Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot Daniele . You are the best.

I got the complete details on this. Thanks qlik team.

Another short question.

Currently, Qv live server is in win 2012, and the DR is planned to set up in another version of win i.e 2016. Will this work.

Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Daniele - I may need to open a service ticket as i have issues with configuring qv server after installation, but before that i want to check with you to see if you can provide any insight on this.
I am unable to configure the qv server in windows 2016 server. Here is how i was doing..
Hope you can help me here as i have seen may of your contributions in this platform.
I am trying to install qv on windows 2016 server with valid license key. 
Here how it do...

1. Created a windows user by going into run-->compmgmt. Add a user with and assign a password.
2. Added this user in the Administrator group.
3. Run the qvserver setup file version November2018. I don't have the publisher license, only the qv server license is available. The webserver used is qlikview and not IIS.
4. Provided userid and pwd during the installation. Note: i can also skip this during installation as i can run the services using a valid windows Service ID.
5. After the installation is completed, i have added the user and the Service ID to the "Qlikview Administrator Group".
6. Ran the 5 services. But Distributed service failed to start. 
7. I have opened the QMC in the browser. Here comes the problem. The QMC when opened in the browser prompted me for credentials, which i have given as i have created the user. After which, i can see the QMC but not any components. That is, i can see only QMC tabs without any description of the machine that is registered with the server. 
8. Issue two, i tried to run the services with service ID as well by provided the password and reran the services. Still the QMC is unable to make me see the description in the QMC console. 
9. Note:  All the qlikview port (qvs, qvws etc...) are opened, which is tested using c:\telnet localhost <qvlikview ports>
10. I have repeated this installation several times, but still unable to get the QMC console working. I have also done some troubleshooting like 
entered http://localhost:4780/qmc/SystemSetup.htm# which didnot return and XML in the browser.
Appreciate, you early response in this. 

Thanks,
Sean.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sean, the best I have for you would be to stop all the Qlik Services, rename the ProgramData\QlikTech folder, then restart the Management Service first, then the other services.  One other key point, did you reboot the server post installation?  That is key on a new install, that is necessary to get all the security groups properly set etc., so if you did not do that, be sure you do so. 

Oh, the other key thing to know, Server 2016 comes with Windows Defender fully enabled, check that out, as if everything is enabled on it, that may be causing communication issues between the services as well.  I think that is everything of which I can think at the moment.  Hopefully this helps if you have not gotten it sorted out yet.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.