Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How abount Time object calculation... Calculation issues..

Hello, i 've been working with this option about performance, and I realise that if you have more than 1 core, say.. 20, the time out is never working propperly, as the manual says... the time out depends on the core calculation time, not the real time... so.... lookin at the task manager i realize that if there is low performance on the cores, the time you put gets multiplied by the number of cores... but if the cores are fully working they get the same time object calculation limit as in real time... so this is a inacurated option. my question is:

Should Qlikview calculate this process for us instead of making the person gets calculating this constantly? How can we get the option working propperly and acuratelly every time? (the difference goes from 1 or 2 seconds up to... 30 seconds... or so)

Thanks & Regards

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

This option confuses me too. Does anyone have any insights on this? I tried lowering the timeout to 1 second but that did not make any difference for me at all.

Johan

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

This is one of the most annoying QV failures...
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

When will this shame be corrected?
P.S. Let everyone here write and will like, apparently only this way it works...

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

I raise the topic up because we are waiting for the normal mechanism for waiting for the calculation of an object without reference to multithreading or a single thread.