cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garrygrierson
Contributor II
Contributor II

How do I add a CAL to a new user?

Hello, I’ve just been tasked with administrating QlikView 12 and have an issue with a new user seeing the ‘Access denied! The server (QVS) has no USER CAL for your account’ message when they try to view a report through the ‘QlikView AccessPoint’ web page.

I have access to the ‘Qlikview Management Console’ but don’t know how to assign a CAL through this, or even if this is what I should be using. Can someone let me know the correct process to do this please.

I’ve also went into the ‘Users’ tab on the Management Console, but can’t see any users listed, even when I type the wildcard character ‘*’ or use a full domain name of a user I know is using the system. Am I missing something here?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @garrygrierson !

Depending on what license you have, one of these two articles may be of use to you:

You have 3 types of CALs available to you: User CALs (Named User CALs), Document CALs, and Session + Usage CALs. User and Document CALs are locked to a user and are either assigned automatically if enabled on a come first be served first basis, or manually (recommended). Session and Usage CALs get assigned automatically at all times. 

Your LEF (License Enabler File) will show you what sort of licenses you have. 

More on Licenses in general can be found in Licensing QlikView on our Help site.

Another good general article for you on managing QlikView document access (not necessarily about CALs, but about access to the document themselves) may be: How to manage QlikView document access 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @garrygrierson !

Depending on what license you have, one of these two articles may be of use to you:

You have 3 types of CALs available to you: User CALs (Named User CALs), Document CALs, and Session + Usage CALs. User and Document CALs are locked to a user and are either assigned automatically if enabled on a come first be served first basis, or manually (recommended). Session and Usage CALs get assigned automatically at all times. 

Your LEF (License Enabler File) will show you what sort of licenses you have. 

More on Licenses in general can be found in Licensing QlikView on our Help site.

Another good general article for you on managing QlikView document access (not necessarily about CALs, but about access to the document themselves) may be: How to manage QlikView document access 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
garrygrierson
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, the 'How to assign a document CAL...' link was what I needed.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Happy to help! 🙂