Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikUser100
Contributor
Contributor

How do i authorize users to access specific documents?

I am trying to assign some users a specific document to be shown in the QlikView Web Acess Point.

I synced the users to be shown in the Management Console. Then went to the wanted .qvw documents and under Document CALs i assigned 2 more Dokument CALS to this Document. Then i assigned the 2 new users to the document and "gave" them a CAL.  So far so good. They are shown in the Assigned Users list but without a "Last Used (UTC)" date. And even after hours of waiting the documents are not showing up in their AccessPoint.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong? Help Welcome

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I'm sorry forgot to post the URL.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/A-QlikView-Installation-Guide/ta-p/1713082

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

See the below image.  You would click on Name User then to the right click on the "Add users and groups.

2022-08-26 08_54_20-Qlik 12.60 - VMware Workstation.png

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
QlikUser100
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I tried adding myself for test purposes to the document cal and the named users list you mentioned. But it still doesnt show up in the AccessPoint.

I am missing the date for all the users. Could this be the reason?

Unbenannt.PNG

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No,  that just means they have not opened a document to use the license. 

Read through this guide.  You need to check to make sure the Root Folder is set up correctly.

QlikUser100
Contributor
Contributor
Author

What guide?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I'm sorry forgot to post the URL.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/A-QlikView-Installation-Guide/ta-p/1713082