Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How many RAM per CPU

Hi,

Does anyone know how many RAM per CPU is recommended for QlikView server on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition X64?

It'd be better if there's any supporting documents.

The server I'm using now has 24 CPUs with 12GB of RAM.

I'm not sure if this is a good choice... any advise?

Thanks.

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Attached PDF have full description on how you can choose the hardware according to your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I made stresstests with our QlikView application and have the problem that after a certain time between 30 minutes and 7 minuten depending on how many users (20 user 30 minutes, 90 user 7 minutes) the system "crashes". This means that the memory usage which was during the "normal" test at 18 - 20GB go down to 2 GB and the cpu usage is constantly at 100%. In this case no normal test is possible, the system generates only errors.

Do you have any hint for me to check on the server system what is wrong?

The server data: Windows 2008 Enterprise R2 64 Bit, IIS 7.5, QV10 R3, 2 CPU with 16 Cores, 32 GB RAM

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Achim

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Achim,

It will largely depend on your application as well as the hardware and software. Running pivot tables with millions of rows and calculated dimensions may cause crashes in the application, while with few hundreds it may work just a bit slower than usual. High timeouts will affect as well. Several reloads at the same time, browser versions, number of licenses, OS updates/patches...

Some logs from the server in addition to the events recorded in the Windows log would be useful to trace the issue and give you some tips on how to improve that.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

achimmaier wrote:

Hi,

I made stresstests with our QlikView application and have the problem that after a certain time between 30 minutes and 7 minuten depending on how many users (20 user 30 minutes, 90 user 7 minutes) the system "crashes". This means that the memory usage which was during the "normal" test at 18 - 20GB go down to 2 GB and the cpu usage is constantly at 100%. In this case no normal test is possible, the system generates only errors.

Do you have any hint for me to check on the server system what is wrong?

The server data: Windows 2008 Enterprise R2 64 Bit, IIS 7.5, QV10 R3, 2 CPU with 16 Cores, 32 GB RAM

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Achim

Achim,

Did you solved this problem ?

Regards,

Pablo Labbe

Qlikview Expert - Vision Gestão & Tecnologia

http://www.visiongi.com.br

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pablo,

not realy. I have a solution for my stresstests that I can change the delay between the several tasks in the stresstest and the delay between the logoff and newly logon of the users. In addition to that I have changed the memory setting in the enterprise management console from 80 to 85 percent. With these changes I could do the stresstest with 100 parallel users for 1 hour.

My customers machine have 16 cores and 32 GB RAM, but now I know that the RAM is minimum for this configuration. Better is to have more than 32 GB RAM for 100 Users.

Best regards.

Achim