cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to assign a user named cal?

Hi,

We are using Qlikview server SBE version 11.

I have created a new user, now I want to assign named cal to this user .

How is it done.What are the steps involved.

Thanks

B

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

There are many ways to do this:

1) From AccessPoint

2) From QlikView Developer "Open in Server"

3) From QMC

If you want to allocate this using the QMC on the server, you should be able to use the following to get to the QMC screen:

http://<servername>:4780/qmc

The above assumes that you have a normal QlikView server deployment and also you're in the QlikView Admin group on the server as well.

From here you can go to the system tab, click licences, select Qliview server from Type, in the righthand window you should then get Client Access Licences (CALs) as a tab, click on this then Assigned CALs under this. From here you can see manage users icon (looks like two small people) on the top right of the name grey bar, click this and then allocate the CAL manually by adding the user accordingly.

I am also assuming you mean a named user CAL? Document CALs are managed in a different place.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Gavin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I mean How to make a user named user.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

There are many ways to do this:

1) From AccessPoint

2) From QlikView Developer "Open in Server"

3) From QMC

If you want to allocate this using the QMC on the server, you should be able to use the following to get to the QMC screen:

http://<servername>:4780/qmc

The above assumes that you have a normal QlikView server deployment and also you're in the QlikView Admin group on the server as well.

From here you can go to the system tab, click licences, select Qliview server from Type, in the righthand window you should then get Client Access Licences (CALs) as a tab, click on this then Assigned CALs under this. From here you can see manage users icon (looks like two small people) on the top right of the name grey bar, click this and then allocate the CAL manually by adding the user accordingly.

I am also assuming you mean a named user CAL? Document CALs are managed in a different place.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Gavin