Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to authenticate External users other then AD users

Hi All,

I could able to authenticate AD users using Section access,but how to authenticate External users in access point other then AD users and provide access to particular dashboard.

Could any one please help here?

Thanks & Regards

Mallikarjuna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You could add them to the local users on the server. That way they are not part of the AD.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You could add them to the local users on the server. That way they are not part of the AD.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mallik,

If you are displaying the dashboard in the Web page(using an IFrame) then in the code behind page, you need to pass the logged in user name.

This user must be added in the QMC -> System -> Directory Services -> Custom Directory -> Users.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna

Not applicable
Author

Many Thanks Bill and Sai i have added users as local users and it is working for me.

Regards

Mallikarjun

sanketkhunte
Creator II
Creator II

Thank you Sai Krishna for your input.

Here I would like to confirm one point -: After adding external User/s to Customer Directory do that external user/s can able to access QlikView dashboard from out of domain ?

Have you implemented that functionality ? Please let me know what are the settings need to do @ QEMC level and @ Dashboard level ?

Thank you.

Sanket