Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WaqarAPhoto
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to load Qlikview back-end folders to promote to server when QMC is non-responsive?

Hi everyone! First question here.

We have a QMC for our project which we use to reload our apps when we make updates in our dev server. The reason for the question is because our QMC isn't responding at the moment and I'd like to push new updates that cannot wait until the QMC issue is resolved. I'd like to manually load QVD's into our Dev server from the back-end folder structure as there are some updates I need to move.

What I wanted to know was do all Qlik Apps run the back end folder directories (Extracts,Transform,Presentation etc..) in the same order every time? If this is the case, What is the order in which these QVD's should be reloaded so that I can ultimately see it in my Dev Server?

Or can the order in which folders run vary from app to app?
I'm trying to figure out in which order I should run the QVD's for the app to be successfully uploaded and those updates reflecting in our server.

Thanks in advanced!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The QMC is the administrative tool to manage all things QlikView in a QlikView server. The fact that it is not responding is indeed concerning.

You will need to check with your QlikView developers. QlikView uses the "script" and the order to load the files and which files will be loaded and from where is written in there. While it could be from the first line of the script to the last, there could be also other logics implemented, loops, etc. that only the developer who created that reload script will be able to interpret for you.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The QMC is the administrative tool to manage all things QlikView in a QlikView server. The fact that it is not responding is indeed concerning.

You will need to check with your QlikView developers. QlikView uses the "script" and the order to load the files and which files will be loaded and from where is written in there. While it could be from the first line of the script to the last, there could be also other logics implemented, loops, etc. that only the developer who created that reload script will be able to interpret for you.