cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianlucci
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to prevent Qlikview add-on prompt in IE

Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent the classic "yellow bar" prompt in Internet Explorer from appearing asking the user to install the 'Qlikview' add-on (the IE Plugin).  We have the default view mode set to the IE Plugin and we are working on setting up access from Qlikview from outside our internal network, but in order for people to do that they will have to view documents using the AJAX client instead of the IE Plugin as they currently do internally because the way we have the external link setup it will not allow the QVP protocol into our network from the outside.  I want to just try and remove any confusion for our users who will access it from the outside.

We are running Qlikview 10 SR3, moving to SR4.

3 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

QlikView should not install the IE Plugin automatically so the yellow bar should not appear when entering into AccessPoint unless you setup AccessPoint to push the install of the IE Plugin. 

One idea to avoid confusion is create a separate QV for external use and only enable the option to see the file through AJAX in the User Documents section of QV Management Console.

Karl

brianlucci
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Where do you configure AccessPoint to push the IE Plugin?  I didn't notice any setting that would have turned that feature on or off.

For setting up a separate QV for external use, wouldn't we need another QV server setup which would mean that we would need to buy another server license?  The number of people using this externally would be minimal right now so it wouldn't make much sense to buy another license right now just for that.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

To push the installation of the IE Plugin, you have to make some manual changes to the AP pages.  Given your reply, I'd say that this is not the problem.

I mean that you create a new copy of the .qvw file that you can configure in QV Management Console to only been seen in the AJAX client.  You don't need a different QV Server for this.

Karl