Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to send mail alert when server is down?

Hi All,

Sometimes it happens that qlikview server is down or any qlikview distribution service is paused becuase of which the reports are not reloaded/refreshed.

I came to know when i cheked the reload time of qvw on server or on access point.

Is there any way to send an mail alert when the server is down to respective recipients who will help in the issue.

Please assist..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Angha

QlikView itself cannot monitor / alert on QlikView server down or any QlikView distribution service is paused / down.

But such monitors / alerts are a part of normal IT Administration / Operations and can done with PowerShell, VB & other things.  I'd suggest contacting whoever administers your Windows Servers.

If you Google something like Windows server down alert script you'll get plenty of hits.

Best Regards,     Bill

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Angha

QlikView itself cannot monitor / alert on QlikView server down or any QlikView distribution service is paused / down.

But such monitors / alerts are a part of normal IT Administration / Operations and can done with PowerShell, VB & other things.  I'd suggest contacting whoever administers your Windows Servers.

If you Google something like Windows server down alert script you'll get plenty of hits.

Best Regards,     Bill

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

As Bill says, you will need to do this outside of QV.  We use a simple vbs script that checks the last modified time of a qvw file. The script is run every minute by Windows Task Scheduler.

Jason