Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neena123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How to transfer bookmarks from old domain to new domain?

Hello!

I would like to transfer bookmarks from the old domain to the new domain.  I tried to accomplish this by opening the .Shared file and do a find and replace all by olddomain\user1 to newdomain\user1  but that do not work.  Any suggestions? 

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Is this what you're looking for? How to: Transfer server bookmarks between servers, domains, or users

Specifically, the Cleanup tool in the QVS.exe might be of interest to you if you are on a later version of QlikView.

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
neena123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

So the first method I don't think will help since I have a huge amount of people who have bookmarks and server objects. The Clean up tool that is supported by Qlik right? If I have any problems I can put in a ticket? Also, have you used the clean up tool before? Thanks for your response!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Neena, that is from a Help link, so yes, it is supported to the degree something is not working as documented.  What I would be sure you do is use a copy of the shared file such that if something does not go correctly, you can grab another copy and try again until you can get the correct sequence of things to get what you want out of the tool.   Hopefully this makes sense.

I have used the command line many times to convert shared to tshared as well as clean the files, but I have not used the options to do what you wish to do, so I am afraid I am not of much help, but things appear to be fairly clear in the Help link Sonja provided, so again, would be sure to use a copy of your file such that if something does not turn out correctly, no harm, just grab another copy and try again, and if something is not working according to the documentation, then by all means submit a case to us to look into things for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.