cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't lease a Qlikview License from my Server

Hi there!

I am having a problem where I try to lease a license from my organizations server on Qlikview Desktop. I do the following:

1)  File > Open in Server

2) Select alternate ID and enter my credentials

3) Add server name to the server drop down

4) Click 'connect'

5) Fill in the my password in the dialogue box

Then I get the following error:

Untitled.png

I have tried my credentials on my colleague's machine and I am able to lease the license on their machine.

I have tried re-installing Qlikview.

I have checked firewall settings.

I have tried a variety of internet connections to connect to my organization's network and I am connected.

I suspect there is a setting on my computer that is preventing the lease of the license?

I would be very grateful if this could be sorted out.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

You can try disabling your antivirus if you have,or add in the exclude folders the place where is the installation of Qlik Desktop

If the license is a "Test server" you cannot do an open in server, check the type of license that you have and I can tell you if are available to connect by open in server or not.

By the way the open in server is only available with named Cal's

Best regards!

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi William,

Typically that error signifies that port 4747 is not open on the client computer and cannot communicate with QVS. License Lease utilizes the QVP protocol which communicates over port 4747. If this port isn't open QVS, by default, attempts to tunnel over port 80, however this isn't possible for License Lease. Hope this helps.

QlikView License Leasing Technical Brief Paper.pdf

Best,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!