Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyHowell
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have 12.4 Qlikview, and today it is running, but my Management Console is showing Cluster is Down

Hi,

Had some jobs fail overnight, and restarted the services and now have cluster is down.  

All services are started, tried changing the Chunk size and the Max Rec message Size, and even the  ForceReadNotificationMilliseconds but still not working.

Any ideas?

On 12.4 qlikview, 28gb memory on Windows 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

The Cluster down and Unrunnable indicate that the QMS and QDS are out of sync. 

Try manually re-sending the Workorder to QDS via QMC > System > Setup > Distribution Services > QDS@ > Advanced tab > Send Work Order button (as outlined here in the QlikView Help).

If that doesn't work look at the below KB articles as potential alternate solutions.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-QlikView-Management-Console-displays-147-Cluster-is...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/QlikView-Tasks-status-in-the-Management-Console-Unrunna...

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@AndyHowell  Can you please share a screenshot of the QMC?  Have you tried doing a hard reboot of the QlikView Server where the Management service resides?

AndyHowell
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I have booted it a few times and stopped and restarted the services.  All jobs are like below, but are running to schedule and can see that in the Task History.

Thanks for any wisdom you can share 🙂

AndyHowell_0-1623850070761.png

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

The Cluster down and Unrunnable indicate that the QMS and QDS are out of sync. 

Try manually re-sending the Workorder to QDS via QMC > System > Setup > Distribution Services > QDS@ > Advanced tab > Send Work Order button (as outlined here in the QlikView Help).

If that doesn't work look at the below KB articles as potential alternate solutions.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-QlikView-Management-Console-displays-147-Cluster-is...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/QlikView-Tasks-status-in-the-Management-Console-Unrunna...

AndyHowell
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for that, but this might be me being thick, I can't find the distribution area in QMC, which I think is because we do not have publisher.

AndyHowell
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

And thanks for the links, I have tried both of those for the settings and hard booted after them with no luck. 

(tried X and 75 in the chunk setting)

AndyHowell_0-1623854752148.png

AndyHowell_1-1623854779346.png

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

So you have confirmed from the screenshots that you do not have Publisher enabled, hence why you don't see Distribution Service. Secondly, have you tried recreating the Distribution Service folder? To do so you just need to stop the QDS service and then rename the Distribution Service Folder.

AndyHowell
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, tried that and when I restarted it, it refused to work.  

Our folder is slightly different to the notes I found : C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service and there is no log in there.  Tried it anyway and renamed it to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service1, but when I restarted the services (man and Dist), the man started, but not the dist.  

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@AndyHowell  this is the default location of the Distribution Service folder that I'm mentioning that needs to be recreated: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService

AndyHowell
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thats got it, sorry missed the program data and looked in the wrong place.  Thanks for the help 🙂