Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just upgaded from v11.2 to 12.2 on a separate server- my documents on the new server have the reload button greyed out and I cannot resave them - help please!

I have documents that need to be reloaded every hour - since configuring the new server, the old one has wiped its licence info and the new server appears to have become live. However, when I open one of the documents using the client software on the new server or my local PC, neither show the reload button as being active and neither have a Save option available on the menu. Any help appreciated please.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you using "Open in server..." to load those documents into QV Desktop? Then Save won't work and neither will Edit script or the Reload button.

You should open your documents as regular files, optionally over a file share if you don't want to copy them from the new server to your local PC.

If you want them to be reloaded every hour by the server, configure a reload schedule or an appropriate task in QMC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you using "Open in server..." to load those documents into QV Desktop? Then Save won't work and neither will Edit script or the Reload button.

You should open your documents as regular files, optionally over a file share if you don't want to copy them from the new server to your local PC.

If you want them to be reloaded every hour by the server, configure a reload schedule or an appropriate task in QMC.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you - this difference from the previous version of the client threw me.