Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadumas
Creator II
Creator II

I see no way in the QMC to export a list of named users for a QV document.

I see no way in the QMC to export a list of named users for a QV document.  Any way to do this?  I also see no way to do this in the QV Governance Dashboard.

Thanks,

Dave

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @dadumas.

CAL assignment information is stored in the QlikView proprietary file CalData.pgo (stored in the QVS Root folder). You're correct that there isn't a way to export usernames with assigned CALs directly from the QMC. However, you can utilize the PGOasXML setting which can be enabled in the QlikView Server Settings.ini file in order to generate an XML file containing the CAL assignments. This information is detailed in the Qlik Support article "Reading PGO contents and CAL assignments / PGO to XML." To enable this setting, you would take the following steps:

1. Locate the QlikView server Settings.ini file: %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer 

2. Stop all QlikView services.
3. Edit the Settings.ini file. Add the following line beneath the line [Settings 7]
     PgoAsXmlAlso=1
4. Save the Settings.ini file
5. Start the QlikView Server service
6. The XML files will appear in the UserDocuments directory configured on the server.

Please note that it is recommended that this setting be enabled to generate the XML files initially and then disabled as there may be a QVS performance issue if the setting is left enabled.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Information regarding who has access to a QVW is going to be in one of two places, either Windows operating system and NTFS rights, or if the QlikView Server is running in DMS security mode, then the information will be stored in the matching Filename.qvw as Filename.meta, but that meta file is not directly readable.  What you would really need to do is use the Power Tools and the Shared File Viewer, which can read .meta files too, in order to open the .meta file and get to the assigned users/groups that way.  Best of which I can think.

If the QlikView Server is running in NTFS security mode, then Windows is maintaining things, and you may be able to use PowerShell to pull things potentially, unfortunately I am no super PowerShell scripter, but I have to believe it may be possible.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.