Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beanmachine
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

IE Plugin problem post upgrade to QVS 11

Hi All

I recently upgraded our test server from QlikView Server SBS v9 SR5 to v11 Initial Release (build 11.0.11154.0  - the latest from the download page)

After overcoming a number of obsticles and upgradading several times (it's a virtual box so I was able to revert to a pre install snap shot), I now have the server working.  I can login and view models with the AJAX client both on the server locally and via a browser on a client PC.

However, when I try to use the IE Plugin (which is our prefered method) the browser on the server just freezes.  I have installed the IE Plugin version that came with QVS v11 - it has the same build number as above.

When I use a client PC (again with the latest IE plugin version) to access it I get a message stating the following:

<specific server name and model details>QVSTunnel.dll%3host%3Dlocalhost could not be opened

I have stopped the firewall on the server to allow port 4747 and I have run the following command as suggested in another post, to setup the QvsTunnel.dll file:

%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config "Default Web Site/Scripts/QvsTunnel.dll" "/commit:Default Web Site/Scripts" /section:handlers /accessPolicy:Read,Script,Execute

I rebooted the server after the above to be sure but still I have the same problem.

Can anyone offer any help.

Thanks

beanmachine

0 Replies