Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manu_goyal007
Contributor
Contributor

Implementing SSO Login in QlikView

Hello Community,

I am trying to implement SSO login in my QlikView environment and could use some guidance. Currently, users have to enter their credentials every time they access QlikView, but we would like to streamline the login process with SSO.

I have read through the QlikView documentation on SSO and have created a SAML app in our identity provider (Gmail). However, when I navigate to the "Authentication" section in the QlikView Management Console, I do not see the SAML option.

Can anyone provide insight on why the SAML option may not be appearing or what steps I may have missed? Also, if anyone has experience with implementing SSO in QlikView, I would appreciate any tips or best practices you can share.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello  @manu_goyal007 ,

Thanks for posting.

SAML authentication does not work our of the box for QlikView as it does for Qlik Sense client managed. You might want to explore Qlik Sense client managed or even Qlik Cloud where you can issue OIDC within you own IdPs (OKTA, AUth0, Azure AD...).

Coming back to your question, please do review:

Customized Authentication in QlikView - Qlik Community - 1710763

QlikView and SAML with OneLogin - Qlik Community - 1711628

We strongly suggest to contact our Professional Services if any assistance is needed to perform this implementation.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello  @manu_goyal007 ,

Thanks for posting.

SAML authentication does not work our of the box for QlikView as it does for Qlik Sense client managed. You might want to explore Qlik Sense client managed or even Qlik Cloud where you can issue OIDC within you own IdPs (OKTA, AUth0, Azure AD...).

Coming back to your question, please do review:

Customized Authentication in QlikView - Qlik Community - 1710763

QlikView and SAML with OneLogin - Qlik Community - 1711628

We strongly suggest to contact our Professional Services if any assistance is needed to perform this implementation.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
manu_goyal007
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Albert,

Thank you for your response and for the resources you have shared. I appreciate the guidance and will review the articles you provided to understand customized authentication in QlikView better and using SAML with *OneLogin*.

But my concern is we are using Gmail as our identity provider for this implementation  so how i can proceed

because dk.nita.saml20.dll this thing only written for onlogin .

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards,

Manu Goyal