Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvd1rkqv
Creator
Creator

Information: Distributing ... What is QVB doing here?

QV 12.20 SR5 environment with 2 node publisher cluster and a 3 node QVS cluster.

We recently added the 2nd publisher server and clustered them.  We've gained significant job flow improvements from this configuration however we are running into some limitations with our implementation and while troubleshooting why a task on publisher node 1 is faster than on node 2 I've run into something in the logs I don't understand. 

First off  QDS cluster requires the servers to share storage and we shared local SSD disk on node 1 with node 2.  While combing through logs to be able to present data showing that node 2 takes longer because it needs to access the storage via network connectivity vs. node 1 has direct access to the storage I'm seeing this in the logs and don't understand what publisher service is doing:

QDS Node 1

Information: Distributing

Information: Distributing using resource "Billing _QVS_1".

Information: Trying to distribute. QVS=qvp://QVS_Server003/

Information: Connecting to QlikView Server. Address=QVS_Server003:4747

Information: Successfully connected to QlikView Server. Address=QVS_Server003:4747

Information: Creating/Updating file: qvp://QVS_Server003/Billing.qvw

Information: Sending to 'QVS_Server003:4747': <request monitor="TimeZoneInfo"/>

Information: <Global method="FileWrite"><h>0</h><Pos>47185920</Pos><Buffer /></Global>

Information: ExecuteWithAttachments returned no data in buffer.

Information: <Global></Global>

Information: 001% - qvp://QVS_Server003/Billing.qvw

.......... Information: 100% - qvp://QVS_Server003/Billing.qvw

Node 2

Information: Distributing

Information: Distributing using resource "Billing_QVS_1".

Information: Trying to distribute. QVS=qvp://QVS_Server002/

Information: Connecting to QlikView Server. Address=QVS_Server002:4747

Information: Successfully connected to QlikView Server. Address=QVS_Server002:4747

Information: Creating/Updating file: qvp://QVS_Server002/Billing.qvw

Information: Sending to 'QVS_Server002:4747': <request monitor="TimeZoneInfo"/>

Information: <Global method="FileWrite"><h>0</h><Pos>47185920</Pos><Buffer /></Global>

Information: ExecuteWithAttachments returned no data in buffer.

Information: <Global></Global>

Information: 001% - qvp://QVS_Server002/Billing.qvw

.......... Information: 100% - qvp://QVS_Server002/Billing.qvw

All of our documents are distributed to a \\QVS_Server001\User Applications\ folder that Access Point uses to deliver with user access/permissions applied.  What's confusing me is what is the publisher server doing distributing to these other QVS nodes when applications when reloaded get saved to \\QVS_Server001\User Applications\. 

This document is not set to preload. 

Thanks for reading.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Things are working as expected, as you have a 3 node QVS Cluster, and I assume your Publisher Task Distribution tab settings are set to do a QVS Distribution, which if so, is why you are seeing what you are seeing, as any of the 3 QVS nodes can handle the upload of the file from the QDS services and write out to the User Docs directory on the file share.

Hopefully this explains things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Things are working as expected, as you have a 3 node QVS Cluster, and I assume your Publisher Task Distribution tab settings are set to do a QVS Distribution, which if so, is why you are seeing what you are seeing, as any of the 3 QVS nodes can handle the upload of the file from the QDS services and write out to the User Docs directory on the file share.

Hopefully this explains things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.