Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gvmpro
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Installing new Server with latest QlikView version

Hi all, 

I have a client who is working with Qlikview v11 and now they will move to new servers and want to take advantage to update to the latest QV version.

By changing and installing QV v12, will need new licenses or will be able to use the same from before?

Thanks in advanced

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello!

In general, a standard QlikView server license key with a control number will apply between all of our releases. So licensing a QlikView November 2018 or April 2019 release with a LEF / control number from 11.20 is fine.

What's important though is that they have a valid maintenance agreement. If the maintenance has expired prior to the product being released, the license will not be accepted.

See the QlikView Help for details. 

You'd be looking for a line in the LEF like this:

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2020-01-31

The 10 means "QlikView Server". The date needs to be up to date. If you are uncertain, I'd recommend checking with your account manager. 

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello!

In general, a standard QlikView server license key with a control number will apply between all of our releases. So licensing a QlikView November 2018 or April 2019 release with a LEF / control number from 11.20 is fine.

What's important though is that they have a valid maintenance agreement. If the maintenance has expired prior to the product being released, the license will not be accepted.

See the QlikView Help for details. 

You'd be looking for a line in the LEF like this:

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2020-01-31

The 10 means "QlikView Server". The date needs to be up to date. If you are uncertain, I'd recommend checking with your account manager. 

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂