cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III

Integration of GIT in QlikView

Is it possible to integrate in GIT direct in the Source Control in QlikView?

qlikconsultant_0-1623933761728.png

Is there any intel of what is the best way to use GIT with QlikView?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks. But if it's not in the docu and my research showed that's not even in Qlik Sense integrated. I estimate it's not integrated in QlikView. For that I will not contact my  Qlik Account Manager.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@qlikconsultant  This link may assist you https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Git-with-Qlikview/td-p/551116

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Lucas_Gatling  Thanks, but this link not helpful. I found this post very early in my search and it is out of date, because both links in the post are not working. 

The best 3 pages to this topic I found so far are:

But the include no information, if QlikView support GIT directly. 

From the settings menu, it seems only "Svn" and "Msscci" is supported.

qlikconsultant_0-1624023420528.png

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qlikconsultant,

Source Control and How To Use Source Control On QlikView Application (QVW) Files? is the documentation we have for QlikView and source control and only mentions Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) or subversion (SVN) for source control of QlikView applications.  As you are wanting to integrate with GIT, suggest that you reach out to your Qlik Account Manager and have a discussion about your business requirements and the AM might be able to provide a resource or assist you in arranging an engagement with Qlik Consulting.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
qlikconsultant
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks. But if it's not in the docu and my research showed that's not even in Qlik Sense integrated. I estimate it's not integrated in QlikView. For that I will not contact my  Qlik Account Manager.