Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to configure 2 different active QMC in a single cluster?

Hi all,

I want to create a cluster with 2 servers without publisher and I would like to know if its possible to have in server 1 a QMC scheduled with a set of applications (let's say App1,2,3,4) and in the Server 2 schedule the other set (App 5,6,7). Reloads will be done overnight (each server will reload its own set of tasks). Finally all applications will be distributed in both Server 1 and 2 (using a copy script) so load balancer will balance the users access cross both servers.

Many thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can have as many "QlikView Management Consoles" as you want because they're just web pages. But the underlying service that stores and displays all QMC information and allows you to configure your server setup can't be clustered. If you install two QMS, you'll either get into a lot of trouble (for instance by letting two QMS write to the same QVPR, auch), or you'll have multiple unclustered QlikView servers.

You can however use a single QMS to distribute documents to different clustered server instances.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can have as many "QlikView Management Consoles" as you want because they're just web pages. But the underlying service that stores and displays all QMC information and allows you to configure your server setup can't be clustered. If you install two QMS, you'll either get into a lot of trouble (for instance by letting two QMS write to the same QVPR, auch), or you'll have multiple unclustered QlikView servers.

You can however use a single QMS to distribute documents to different clustered server instances.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks pal, that is the answer I was expecting.... thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I know your question has been answered correctly, but let me give you official documentation on it.

Redundancy Level

The redundancy level is mainly a question of clustering and/or having multiple machines running the same service. All services except QlikView Management Service (QMS) can be installed on multiple machines. In addition, QlikView Server (QVS), QlikView Distribution Service (QDS), and Directory Service Connector (DSC) can be clustered.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView-Server/QVSRM_In...

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.