Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there any way to recover the changes we did in our application?

Hi,

I was working on one of the application since long. Usually QlikView periodically saves the work we do. But in my case my machine went down abruptly because of some automatic installation. The previous version I see in the folder is around 8 days older. I am touching this application everyday and making required changes.

Is there any way to recover the changes I made to the application considering the fact that I don't have the version saved for past 8 days?

Abhijit

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I believe you can not recover, but, autorecover files are stored by default into C:\Users<YourUser>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcio,

Thank you for your reply. Your approach could probably work but I don't see AppData folder for my username. I work on company network so I am not sure how to locate the AppData folder here. I even tried with wildcard search. I could ablr to get inside another user's profile but doesn't show the required path for me.

Abhijit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you use Windows, you can configure it in "Windows Explorer" to view the hidden folders. I do not know if you have this permission in the company you work for.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Marcio,

I would look into this.

Abhijit

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Have you tried the Windows Shadow Copy functionality (provided it is enabled in your organization) ?

How to recover files and folders using Shadow Volume Copies

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Chip for your inputs. As my application itself didn't save the work, it doesn't appear under version. But I could see few previous versions which I am unable to see in my current folder. For future reference this would definitely be a wise approach.

Thanks Again!

Abhijit