Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maheshn
Contributor
Contributor

LDAP Access

Hi Experts,

I am working on Domain migration, In our scenario we are using HTTP Header as authentication and  DMS authorization, LDAP is configured under DSC for group membership, We were tried to access the accesspoint by removing the current Active Directory and LDAP, after removing the LDAP and AD also we are able to access the Accesspoint, I am wondering how the authorization is happening here without LDAP and AD?

Local Directory is configured local://VDCxxxxxxxxx, does the authorization is happening from Local Directory? we haven't added any users under Local Directory, Please provide your valuable inputs

Thanks in Advance.

2 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

You mentioned that you can view the Access Point as what is basically an anonymous user, what happens when you try to open a Dashboard?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing the LDAP and AD are used for in your case is for the QDS and other QMC areas that do lookups on users/groups, like setting them on a distribution for instance or manually assigning a CAL...  When running QlikView Server in DMS security mode, it is performing the authorizations using the information stored in the .meta files.  As long as the Header you pass in has a matching string value to a user or group in the .meta file, the user will see the app...

See the following Help link for further details: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.