Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Launching external QMSEDX script and getting error code 1280 - Message inspection failed

Hello,

I have a Publisher Server and I'm using scripts to schedule the reloads of Publisher tasks.

To do that, I use an old QMSEDX.exe application that was available here and it works fine almost all the time.

But sometimes, the QMSEDX returns an error 1280 because the server was not answering anymore while the reload runned fine. It tries 3 times and then quits with this error. 

That makes the script exit with an error while the reload is not finished and will probably finish with success some times later.

You can find a part of the log of the tool at the end of this post.

My questions :

* do you have an idea why sometimes the EDX script cannot update the status of a refresh ? where should I check something ?

* do you have an updated version of QMSEDX ?  i think the author has removed it from the community but he was ok to give it .. He just doesn't answer to my emails anymore

* how do you launch tasks reloads through a script ? maybe there is another better tool than my QMSEDX tool

Thanks

Script for the error 1280

Successfully started task with id/name=task_incident
Checking the status of task task_incident (id=ca433395-192f-47b1-b1f9-e3277befe28e execId=b3254fe7-4540-4826-8a62-53f151e622e2)
Error while checking the status of task task_incident (id=ca433395-192f-47b1-b1f9-e3277befe28e execId=b3254fe7-4540-4826-8a62-53f151e622e2), retries=3
Error message: Message inspection failed
Error while checking the status of task task_incident (id=ca433395-192f-47b1-b1f9-e3277befe28e execId=b3254fe7-4540-4826-8a62-53f151e622e2), retries=2
Error message: Message inspection failed
Error while checking the status of task task_incident (id=ca433395-192f-47b1-b1f9-e3277befe28e execId=b3254fe7-4540-4826-8a62-53f151e622e2), retries=1
Error message: System.Exception: Could not find a result for the specified execution ID "b3254fe7-4540-4826-8a62-53f151e622e2"
Unable to get task status.
The task execution ended.

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would suspect this has to do with the new statuses that have been added in the 12 track that did not exist in the 11.20 track and earlier.  You may need to update the source code to handle those new status codes.  As has been previously noted, the QMSEDX.exe is provided as-is with the source code, so anyone can update things.  I searched around, but I cannot find that anyone has posted an updated copy of late that already has the changes in it.  

Just one heads up, there is a new trigger available as of 12.30/November 2018 and later, the File Exists trigger:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_SupportingTa...

Not sure if that might work in your scenario or not, the only catch is to be sure you create another task to delete the file after the File Exists task is successful, otherwise it will keep triggering.  Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

Here is a link to the QMS API area as well:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2019/APIs/QMS+API/html/7b30b3a1-77da-4bbe-bdc2-1...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

An updated version of the EDX executable had been made by a member of the community but it was completely removed because of some issues with Qlik. And I don't have the source code of this enhanced version. 

I may try to take the source available and update it but I feel it is a quite difficult task with the lack of documentation of the APIs. For example, is there a place where all error codes are listed ?  where the 1280 code is listed ?  without such list it is a very difficult task

Thanks again

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I have is to look through the Default.htm page in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QMC, and I suspect the associated JavaScript files may be where the statuses are actually denoted.   I provided link to the QMS APIs in my prior post, that is the other place to search on things, but the above should show how we are pulling things etc...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Brett, 

thanks for your proposal, very interesting to look at the .js but I don't see how I could find the error codes for the distribution service in the QMC Common .js ..   

The error 1280 happens when I try to refresh a .qvw with my QMSEDX launcher .. Maybe the error is internal to my launcher but I would like to be sure and know what are the error codes sent by Qlikview distribution service when a refresh fails.

Maybe it's only True or False but I wanted to be sure about that 

Thanks

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Frédéric, you bring up a very good point, and I would agree after thinking about it a bit that the error you are seeing would most likely be from your scheduling system or whatever that is, but the question is whether the underlying issue might be that the QMSEDX.exe does not know what to do with the status that was returned and that in turn is throwing the other message...  One of the main deltas from 11.20 and 12.xx is the new Queued status, that is one of the changes, off the top of my head, not sure if we have others or not, but that is where I was telling you to check our pages, as that is where you ought to be able to find all the different status results that could appear in the QMC for a task...   Hopefully things make a bit more sense stated this way.  I do not know what we use 4 digit codes here, would expect they would be single digit if there is a numeric equivalent in the code.  

Regards,
Brett