Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kira_whopper
Creator
Creator

Lease license from Server URL with SSL certificate

Hi there,

I've just installed an SSL certificate on a QlikView Server, but now I can't lease licenses from it.

I can get to the Access Point normally, settings in System-Licenses-General is marked for "Allow license lease". Tried to even disable the firewall and review it's policies and all previous ports are enabled for access.

Is there any different step for leasing license from a QlikView Server URL (hosted on the internet, not on my local network) with SSL certificate installed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kira_whopper
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the help.

I tried all of this, but only getting port 4747 enabled on firewall wasn't enough.

Leasing license through Access Point worked out, but it takes more time than simply opening on server.

I had to contact the host provider and ask them to enable the port 4747. Everything else was already set right.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I have tested this on 11.20 SR10 and I see no issues with leasing a license using SSL. The SSL is only used for the AccessPoint and once you try to open a document it uses port 4747. That has to be NAT in the fire wall to point to the server running QVS and not the webserver.

You can lease a license two ways, one is through the Accesspoint or the open in server. If you use the open in server you will point straight to the QVS server.

1.png

The second way is to open the access point through the desktop client.

2.png

To do this you will need to setup Locations tab under User Preference's

4.png.

Also, don't forget to setup your linkmachine name in the QVS settings.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
kira_whopper
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the help.

I tried all of this, but only getting port 4747 enabled on firewall wasn't enough.

Leasing license through Access Point worked out, but it takes more time than simply opening on server.

I had to contact the host provider and ask them to enable the port 4747. Everything else was already set right.