Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sergio3
Partner - Contributor III

Load balancing issue in cluster

Hello!

We have same problem with load balancing in Qlikview 11.20 cluster with two nodes.

We tried overload and random mode's, but in both we have one problem:

On 1st node we have always ~80% of users and on 2nd ~20%, sometimes 10 users vs 0 users...

Why it's happening and what can we try to fix it?

Sergio S.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Need a lot more detail on this post to provide a better answer, what specific full version of 11.20 track are you running, if not the latest SR20, that is likely the first step would be to update to that SR to see if you are able to replicate the issue.  The next question would be are the two servers in the cluster the same hardware, same number of CPU cores and memory, if not, that is going to be an unsupported configuration in the 11.20 track.  In the 12.10 and later tracks, we have introduced an unbalanced cluster configuration for both the QlikView Server and Publisher services, so the environment can contain different hardware on the nodes in the cluster, but this was not present in 11.20, so unbalanced was technically an unsupported configuration.  The one thing I can tell you is to have things operate as well as possible, it is important to have the larger server listed in the first row of the QVP addresses in the QVS resource General tab settings.  That is about the best I can offer with the limited details provided.

Please note that support for the 11.20 is due to end later this year too, so I would hope you are working upon updating your customer(s) environments to a release that will be supported into the future.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Sergio, maybe all users are accessing to the same document and balancing option is set to 'Loaded Document'?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Or may be a custom configuration of load balancing algorithm?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Need a lot more detail on this post to provide a better answer, what specific full version of 11.20 track are you running, if not the latest SR20, that is likely the first step would be to update to that SR to see if you are able to replicate the issue.  The next question would be are the two servers in the cluster the same hardware, same number of CPU cores and memory, if not, that is going to be an unsupported configuration in the 11.20 track.  In the 12.10 and later tracks, we have introduced an unbalanced cluster configuration for both the QlikView Server and Publisher services, so the environment can contain different hardware on the nodes in the cluster, but this was not present in 11.20, so unbalanced was technically an unsupported configuration.  The one thing I can tell you is to have things operate as well as possible, it is important to have the larger server listed in the first row of the QVP addresses in the QVS resource General tab settings.  That is about the best I can offer with the limited details provided.

Please note that support for the 11.20 is due to end later this year too, so I would hope you are working upon updating your customer(s) environments to a release that will be supported into the future.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Sergio3
Author

Thank you all!

Now i know that balancing wok only under web,

If users using qpv: by desktop qlik they going on 1rst node always.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just to clarify, when doing QVP:// or File\Open in Server, you will be directed to the server put into the URL etc...  So you can go to whichever server you wish in the cluster, but you have to specify the server specifically.  The only other thing of which I can think is you are actually tunneling the connection and if you are using IIS and it runs on a different server than QVS, it can only access one QVS node, the one that is specified in the Registry Setting, here is an Article reference for this aspect:

QlikView Tunneled connections in IIS 

If you use our QV Web Server, it will use the entire QVS Cluster in these cases...

Regards,
Brett