Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Log-in fails without error

Hi there,

When I try to log-in with my Active Directory Account "PROLEIT-AG\ROBERT_ARENZ":

2.png

I just get an empty page back:

2.png

The Directory Service Connector “Active Directory” is configured and running – as tested by enumerating users, see below.

Also the CAL is assigned - but never used

2.png

The QlikView installation is of version 11.20 SR 6.

The QlikView host is NOT member of the domain “proleit-ag”. (But the client is, of course)

The QlikView Web Server is configured to

- Authentication = Login

- Type = Ntlm

- Login adress = Alternate login page

The web server’s log file is not helpful:

Information            Request received [POST]: http://localhost/QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx?back=/qlikview/FormLogin.htm
Information            Login: PROLEIT-AG\ROBERT_ARENZ failed.
Error                        Request failed: This operation cannot be performed after the response has been submitted.
Information            Request received [GET]: http://localhost/qlikview/FormLogin.htm

The directory service’s log file doesn’t show any error:

Information            Attempting to start DSC soap server at port 4730...
Information            (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Looking up RootDSE: LDAP://proleit-ag.local/RootDSE
Information            (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Looking up node:
LDAP://proleit-ag.local/CN=Partitions,CN=Configuration,DC=proleit-ag,DC=local
Information            (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Finding nCName: DC=proleit-ag,DC=local
Information            (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Searching for netbiosname...
Information            (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Search hit: LDAP://proleit-ag.local/CN=PROLEIT-AG,CN=Partitions,CN=Configuration,DC=proleit-ag,DC=local with netbiosname proleit-ag and ncname: dc=proleit-ag,dc=local
Information            (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Adding netbiosname proleit-ag as primary domain qualifier
Information            (LocalDirectory.LocalDirectoryProvider) Setting up path local://SVBH-V9-CSM
Information            Initializing done

For test purposes I've configured also a second connector to the local directory. Using local accounts is working as intended.

Any suggestions would be very welcome to me.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Robert,

QlikView doesn't do Authentication. That is Windows Job. You need to make sure you are using the default login page and NTLM.

Untitled.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Robert,

QlikView doesn't do Authentication. That is Windows Job. You need to make sure you are using the default login page and NTLM.

Untitled.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi There,

Bill wrote: "QlikView doesn't do Authentication. That is Windows and Job."

That was not clear for me before and it makes completly sense.

So I have to make sure that windows on the QlikView server is able to authenticate the given credentials. Either by adding the QlikView server to the domain (where it isn't) or by creating a local account with the same user name / password combination.

Bill also wrote: "You need to make sure you are using the default login page and NTLM."

This is not essential and partly wrong because I could use an alternate login page (webform) also.

Anyway, this problem is solved now by adding the QlikView server to the domain. Thank you Bill!

Robert

Not applicable
Author

Hi Robert,

Robert Arenz wrote:

Anyway, this problem is solved now by adding the QlikView server to the domain. Thank you Bill!

Robert

Are you using the following settings? I have difficulty in login to the access point using the alternate login, can you share with me what does it mean by adding the QlikView server to the domain?

Thank you.

IngCustom Login.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I am facing the same issue 'Log In failed' while accessing Access Point through the Share Point. (as per our requirement we have a link in sharepoint list on clicking the link we can access a perticualr dashboard in access point)

I have downloaded QlikView 11 IE plug in. I checked in our QMC and the setting is same as you have mentioned in the above screenshot. i.e

Authentication: Always

Type: Ntlm

But the thing is,same is working fine for some of my colleauge and for some others it is giving the error message 'log In failed'.

Please Advise.

Thanks In Advance

Sonali

jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

My problem solved with joining the qlikview server to the domain.but how to connect Qlikview server to different domain?

thanks