Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zxsar
Contributor
Contributor

Login Failed in QlikView Accesspoint with Firefox

Hello everyone,

I hope you can give me some guidance on a problem we are having.

The members of our company use the AccessPoint to access our various dashboards.

Most of us use Microsoft Edge and have no problem logging into the AccessPoint ( with SSO ).

Our Linux-User are using Firefox and are unable to do the same.

When trying to use Firefox on Windows the same problem occurs.

There are various other posts concerning the message "Login Failed" in the AccessPoint, but I haven't found one where it works for one browser and for another it does not. 

We've already checked the logfiles of the server and haven't found any failed logins.

After analyzing we found that the webserver gives back the error "HTTP-Code 401 Unauthorized".

Do you have any ideas on fixing the problem?

If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Greetings Zxsar

Labels (1)
  • Other

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

In regard to Linux I have no experience but on Windows SSO should be also possible by using Firefox. If I remember correctly there is a setting within about:preferences to enable the transfer of the user-authentication.

Zxsar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your reply!
We've already checked that setting and it's configured properly.

marcus_sommer

The next look would go to the proxy-settings within the browsers if they are differently. After that to various security settings within the network - ports, group policies, firewall and similar stuff. Unfortunately I'm not an expert to this kind of topic but I assume google would provide a lot of ideas where to start with ... Further I would take a look on the various OS logs (event, application, security) if there were any hints.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Zxsar,

Thanks for posting.

When the user is reproducing the issue what does the Dev Tools of the browser says?

What authentication is used, NTLM or?

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Zxsar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello @Albert_Candelario ,

Thank you for your response.

The Dev Tools in Firefox give the following message: [HTTP/1.1. 401 Unauthorized].

For authentication we are using NTLM.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Zxsar,

Previously you stated that you are using SSO. When you open the AccessPoint on Edge browser by using URL http(s)://<servername>/qlikview you should see the URL being redirected for authentication. Do you see this as well when using Firefox?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!