Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maximum lenght of the email address in the distribution of a QV report by email

Hello Guys

I need to distribute a QV report via email but the user has a very long email address (42 characters). When I try to distribute the report from QV to his email address nothing is delivered, but if I use a shorter email address everything work fine and the report is delivered to the mailbox.

I have forwarded the email received from QV in the shorter email, to the big email address and it work fine. So no problem with MS exchange or the mailbox.

My conclusion is that there is any kind of limitation in QV regarding the maximum length of an email address.

Anyone that this info?

Thank you

Felipe

QMC.PNG

6 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi!
I'm not aware of any known limit. Please, open a case with Support on the portal and we'll try to reproduce the issue and report it to R&D. Thanks!

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
rohanmayekar
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

One workaround could be, create a email group in outlook [with shorter name], and add all the recipients with long emails to that group. Configure this email group id in Qlikview alert email configuration.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rohan

The long email address name is already a distribution list, I can request to create a new distribution list with a shorter name but I would love to know what the limitation is before.

In any case thank you for your input

Felipe

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Daniele

We have openend a case with our QV partner but I have still not received any feedback.

Felipe

boraste-sagar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Felipe,

Pls gothrough the document it will give u alternate solution for your que.

boraste-sagar
Contributor III
Contributor III

qvw test file