Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Migrate to new server - powertools, Server Object Handler

Hi,

I am trying to migrate a document from a QV10 server (Once was a QV9 server) to a QV 11 server on a new machine.

In trying to migrate the server objects from one to the other, I need to change the username of each objects owner.

I have downloaded powertools v1.1, and have successfully managed to change all objects from QV10Server\John.Smith to QV11Server\John.Smith.  (using one key user as a test to start with)

On logging into accesspoint and accessing the app as John.Smith, I can see their user created sheets have been copied, but without any of the user created charts - the charts are in the repository but not in the locations they once were in the app.

Having opened the .shared file in the Shared File viewer, I can see there are still a lot of objects belonging to QV10Server\John.Smith... These appear to be of types MetaData, DocumentContent and ObjectContent... Do they hold the key to moving these objects?

If so is there a solution to successfully migrating the user and their objects.

To scale this, we have 40 users, about 5 of which are power users with around 900 shared objects in total for one key qvw, with 5 other qvw's, so manual creation of all the objects is not preferable.

Kind regards

Tom

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Which Power Tool have you used other than Shared File Viewer?

siz_mahleka
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Ralph,

The only other power tool Tom has used other than the Shared File Viewer is a power tool called the Server Object Handler which enables listing, ownership changing and deletion of server objects in documents hosted on a QlikView Server remotely. Allows ownership changing to be performed on a selected number of server objects matching a given name pattern.

I work with Tom.

arieidel
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

I suppose that after 2 years you were able to solve this problem. If so, I would like you to share the solution.

Thanks,

Ariel