Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karolina_
Creator II
Creator II

Mounted folders changed on test server.

Hi All,

we have installed new server in the middle of May. It got test qv license.

New server is 2016 and it got QV Nov2017. Old one is 2012 with QV 11.20.

The folders on new server have different names and number of folders are smaller then on old one. Robocopy win command was used to copy aplications. IIS was installed (for K4 analytics) but not configured. New server is using different user for services.

Reload paths of applications were going ok.

I was reloading manually applications and then in QMC when reload path disappeared. Mounted folders have changed to folders I have on old server with prod license. New folders and root folders where still configured (changing root folder require server reboot). After server reboot new folders disappeared from configuration and root folder was changed to the one that is on prod server. Folders could not be removed from configuration due to error 'not exist' (the same as you cannot change reload of qvw if you change name or delete it). I had to create all folders, remove them and set correct folders again. So far it is ok.n i

Do you have an idea what can be a root cause of the problem?
I would like to change licenses prod <-> test on server and it's important to find a reason why it happened.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karolina_
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have just recreate the problem.

Using robocopy to copy whole aplications' folder was copied together with governance dashboard and pgo files created in root folder for governance dashboard.

Pgo on C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer were ok, but in root folder there were pgo from old server.
Before they were overwritten by new pgos QV read information from them and changed mounted folders.

Thanks Peter for inputs.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you copy the server configuration (from the QVPR tree) from your old server to your new one? Did you copy any other configuration files as-is from the old machine to the new?

karolina_
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No configuration was copied. I don't have Publisher.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It doesn't matter whether you have a Publisher license or not, the QVPR is always present.

Did you redirect your original QMS/QMC to the new test server? Then the QVPR configuration will supplant the default installation setup or anything that you changed or copied manually on the new server.

karolina_
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This is separate new server with new QlikView installation. QlikView test license was applied on it.
No configuration was copied and no redirection was done.

karolina_
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have just recreate the problem.

Using robocopy to copy whole aplications' folder was copied together with governance dashboard and pgo files created in root folder for governance dashboard.

Pgo on C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer were ok, but in root folder there were pgo from old server.
Before they were overwritten by new pgos QV read information from them and changed mounted folders.

Thanks Peter for inputs.