Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Moving object to another sheet

Hi,

our user, who have no license for a local QlikView-Installation, can't move objects from one sheet to another. They get a Named User CAL/Session CAL from the Server, when opening the qvw via IE-Plugin (8.5).

I've checked this by deleting my license in the registry. With the license I could move objects in the plugin to other sheets, but after deleting the license I was not able to do so.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour or has a resolution for this?

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Be sure to allow in Sheet Properties / Move Sheet Objects is checked. Anyway, if licensing allows you to open the document, and there are no restrictions to moving, changing objects, there shouldn't be any problem for that.

When I don't have a license in the server, I just cannot open the document.

Not applicable
Author

Move Sheet Objects is checked in the properties. I think that it's a bug in the Plugin. But than other people should have this problem, too.

I didn't mean the license of the server, but the local QlikView Developer/Professional license. If this license is installed, it is shown in the Plugin in the About QlikView dialogue and you can move the objects to other sheets. But without the license you can't do this. Everything else is working fine.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I got a similar problem after upgrading our server to 8.5.
All my users have the plugin installed and view the applications with internet explorer.
Before the upgrade with server 7 they had no problem with moving / resizing the objects on sheets in the application.
Now with server 8.5 they can't move or resize anything in the reports.
I've checked the tickboxes for document, sheet and object properties to verify that the checkboxes to allow move/resize are ticked.

There seems to be a setting somewhere that overrides this but I just can't find it.
Anyone got a clue of where else I can look?

Regards
Fredrik

Not applicable
Author

Hi fredrik,

maybe the option "Disallow moving and sizing objects" in the Server Management Console on the General tab is checked..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the tip-

Had a look and the checkbox it was cleared.
I've tried to check it, restart server, clear it and restart server again.

Unfortunatly I have the same resault on my reports.
My next step will be to try all the different versions on the plug-in and see if there is any difference.

Regards
Fredrik