Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VishrantiC
Contributor
Contributor

Need Help: Want to change Data source server for Qlikview reports

Hello,

I have QlikView reports with version 11.20.

We want to upgrade our data source server.

Here, we are using SQL server as data source and we want to change the whole warehouse server from one to another.

We have QVS files in which the server connection is given. So from that we can change the data source.

But are there other changes that are required to be done? Because it is production server to we can't directly do it. May be it can impact all reports if I skipped any step and we have lots of reports users are using.

Please help me out on this as I need it to be done on urgent basis.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Technically, Yes. Only thing is you need to change the Connections also.

I would do parallel, Take back up of the all files which related QVW's and QVD's where the cluster stores. This can be more freeze for your assumption.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Technically, Yes. Only thing is you need to change the Connections also.

I would do parallel, Take back up of the all files which related QVW's and QVD's where the cluster stores. This can be more freeze for your assumption.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
VishrantiC
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Okay Thanks @Anil_Babu_Samineni , Will take backup of all the files then apply the changes.