Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Non-AD LDAP Authenticated Bind

OK, thanks to you QV Forum contributors, I think I've got the Active Directory Authenticated Bind down to a science. But, now my client wants to also integrate their non-AD LDAP servers (SunOne v5.2, specifically) and the AD-friendly CONNECT string I've been using doesn't work.

Currently, all my failing attempts at authentication revert back to an anonymous login/bind, which only returns the ADsPath field. This field's rows look like the following:

LDAP://acme.com/uid=djnorton@acme.com,ou=peanutgallery,o=acme.com

This, parsed and coupled with some targeted WHERE-clause filtering, can be handy for yea/nay type lookups (Ex. Is User X part of Group Y?), but it's less ideal than getting proper Common Name, etc... fields.

Has anyone had experience with non-AD LDAP authenticated connections? Would you mind sharing a sanitized example of your CONNECT string?

Thanks,

DJ

P.S. The only Sun-LDAP pages that Google turns up for QlikView are marketing brochures, saying that QV supports Sun-LDAP. OK, so... how?!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

OK, so it's the ADsDSOObject provider that's the limiting factor here. It's apparently AD-only, and will not work properly for non-AD LDAP. That's why it returns only the ADsPath field, and tosses any other fields that are returned.

It appears, too, that the Sun-LDAP support is then limited to the Server-side Configurable LDAP setting, and not for direct query from an application's script.

Someone please correct me if you have better information.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

OK, so it's the ADsDSOObject provider that's the limiting factor here. It's apparently AD-only, and will not work properly for non-AD LDAP. That's why it returns only the ADsPath field, and tosses any other fields that are returned.

It appears, too, that the Sun-LDAP support is then limited to the Server-side Configurable LDAP setting, and not for direct query from an application's script.

Someone please correct me if you have better information.

joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

Hello!

This is exactly what I'm trying to do, using the same ADsDSOObject provider.  Does anyone else do this, what would the provider look like?  Thank you for any help!