Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jagveer
Contributor III
Contributor III

Not able to assign a document CAL

Hi,

I am trying to assign a user a document CAL on QMC. I've been doing this for past 3 years with no issues. But today, when I am assigning a new user in Document CALs, it appears in the list and the "Document CALs assigned to Users" increase. But, the moment, i hit apply the number goes back to the previous value, even though the name of the user stays in the assigned users list and the user doesn't see anything on the access point.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yeah, I do not have an easy solution for you I am afraid, the only thing would be to try to restore off an older version that you know was working ok and go from there, or recreate the CalData.pgo from scratch, but you will have to do all your manual assignments over again in that case, that will alleviate the quarantine issue, and it would be ok do this in your case, as it is one of the only ways to get you back up and going here.  Again, sorry I do not have anything better, the .pgo files are crucial, so you may want to be sure you are getting daily backups of those, so if something happens again, you can grab backup and restore etc.  Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

Jagveer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot Brett. Finally the issue is resolved. it was the file, but funnily enough the user that was creating problem still has the server slowdown issue. We will probably have to go with the new userid for now.

Once again thanks a ton for your help.

View solution in original post

28 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @Jagveer,

Without being able to see your QMC, I suggest we start with basics here.  Do you have any available Doc CALs allocated to this document?  Check QMC > Documents > User Documents > select the QVW you want to assign a Doc CAL to user > Document CALs tab and look at what's listed for Number of CALs allocated to this Document.  

If you could post a screen capture of what you're seeing in the QMC, that'd be helpful.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Jagveer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip,

Sorry for not being detailed earlier.

I have 19 Document CALs assigned to this document. 18 of which are assigned to Users. I am trying to add 19th User There are 4 Unallocated Document CALs on the server as well apart from the 19 assigned to this document. The Security Authorization on the QVS is NTFS authorization and i have given the required rights to the user over the document at windows level.

I have attached the screen capture for referenceQMC capture.png

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Ok, so you have one additional Doc CAL allocated to this QVW and when you attempt to assign it to an end user you experience the issue described in the initial post on this thread - you are able to perform the typical steps to assign, but when you click the Apply button, the assignment doesn't complete.

What is the full build version of QVS you're running (i.e. 12.30. 20300)?

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Jagveer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip,

the build version is 12.10.10000.0

Albert_Candelario

Hi Jagveer,

Is any message pop-up when doing this? or any error in the QVS/QMC logs when doing this action?
Did you check the license information if you tick the limitation box and you added any value there?
Cheers!
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Jagveer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip,

I don't get any pop error or in log. Also, the Limit number of CAls is unchecked

Jagveer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip,

Any Suggestions on this?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Jagveer, per Albert's comment, are there any entries in the QVServer Event log or the QMS log to point to an issue?  The only thing that comes to mind for me is the following setting in the QMS exe.config file located here:

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config

The following setting is the one to check:

<add key="MaxReceivedMessageSize" value="262144" />

If that value of 262144 is what you have, try doubling that to see if that allows you to save things.  Check that and the logs and shout back.  If you change the setting value, do not forget to bounce the QMS service for it to get picked up...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Jagveer
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Brett,

I couldn't find the file you mentioned. I have attached a screenshot of the Managementservice folder for your reference