Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
On May 18th at 10AM EDT we will answer your QlikView questions live. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gantelet_denis
Contributor II
Contributor II

ODBC Connect button in QV script returns "Invalid connection string attribute" after QV12.2SR6 upgrade

Hi,

We just upgraded our QV server from 11.2 SR15   to November 2017 SR6.

We have a very weird thing when trying to generate the ODBC connection string in the script editor (Connect... button).

We select an existing ODBC connection that was working well with the previous release (11.2).

We enter the User and Password, but instead of generating the "ODBC CONNECT TO ..." string, we get the message:

"Connector connect error: SQL##f - SqlState: 01S00, ErrCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsof] [ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid connection string attribute"

We tried the following:

- recreate the ODBC connection.

- use the latest driver from MSSQL (17).

- use the scramble/not scramble option in the settings.

It still give the same result.

The strange thing is that if we use another ODBC connection reading another server/database, it works perfectly, while the ODBC connection are defined exactly the same way, with the same parameters (except Server, User, Pwd).

Any idea ?

Thanks

Denis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gantelet_denis
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I reply to myself, because we found the reason of that.

This was due to a special character that is not anymore accepted in the password.

Until 11.2 SR15, we could use the "}" closing bracket character without any problem.

But from 12.2, it generates that "invalid connection string attribute".

Just removing the closing bracket "}"character from the password solved the issue.

FYI, the opening bracket is still usable.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Denis

View solution in original post

1 Reply
gantelet_denis
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I reply to myself, because we found the reason of that.

This was due to a special character that is not anymore accepted in the password.

Until 11.2 SR15, we could use the "}" closing bracket character without any problem.

But from 12.2, it generates that "invalid connection string attribute".

Just removing the closing bracket "}"character from the password solved the issue.

FYI, the opening bracket is still usable.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Denis

View solution in original post