Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StaHorse
Contributor III
Contributor III

ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Sever - The Certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted

Hi,

My model used to run on 2008 R2 Windows Server, now we moved them to Windows 2016. we upgraded our driver to ODBC 13, but now I'm getting these errors:

Connection Failed:

SQLState: '08001'

SQL Server Error: - 2146893019

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Sever] - The Certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted

Connection Failed:

SQLState: '08001'

SQL Server Error: - 2146893019

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Sever] - Client unable to establish connection 

Please help

3 Replies
mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

hi Stahorse ,

That must be error from SQL server please uncheck the  "encrypt Connection" as shown in below screenshot  , I hope it will work for you 

sql.PNG

StaHorse
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, I don't have access to the Server that I connect to, my model is sitting on one server connecting to other server for DB, I only have my connection and drivers. Is there a way I could manage that on my side without knowing what's happening on the other server, SQL Database server?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend the SQL Forums on this one, much better resource, as they are the experts on things in this case:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqldataaccess

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.