cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

OID Generation Failed

Hi,

I am getting this general error for some tasks very often.

Error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 21561, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-21561: OID generation failed

But when i re-run the task after some time it is working fine. Can anybody help me in hot to fix this issue?

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I'd suggest you seek the advice of your Oracle DBA.

Best Regards,     Bill

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

As Bill said its look like an internal error in some id in the database , and it is strange that happend some times yes, and others not.

try to execute the same sql when the error ocurrs in qlikview and see what happend, pherhaps in sql ambient would be the same error at the same time

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

This error message is only what we get from the SQL database, and not a QlikView generated error.

As suggested, check communities and Oracle for suggestions to fix problem.

Found this after a quick search:

Check the client's /.../hosts file and verify that the local node is correctly identified with a mapping for both the short and fully qualified name of the host.

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

it's the same for me and it only happens with Qlikview.

So it's probably a database issue but also maybe a database issue coming from QVConnect.

We have discovered that when our server has not enough memory (less than 4GB out of 64GB), it may crash with database errors like Connection Failed probably because of QV Connect. The database is fine and everything's running correctly every where except with Qlikview.

Difficult to make a case because it's a random error. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't ...