Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OnActivate Sheet Trigger - External Function not working

Sheet Properities -> OnActivate Sheet -> External action

Do not seem to operate when the sheet is activated. Simple Externals in use are as "Open URL" or "Run Macro". These functions work fine when associated with objects such as a button.

Note the sheet these actions are associated with is not the primary sheet in which the document opens into from our AccessPoint server.

TIA

Stoney

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Stoney.

I´m having a similar problem. Whe are trying to get rid of macros specially of the one we use in the menu.

A field contains the names of the dashboards while another one has sheets ids - they have a one-to-one relationship. When I click on a list with the dashboard name field, a "On select" document trigger activates the sheet (using the sheet code field). It does work perfectly, but it also deactivates the "On Activate Sheet" triggers of the activated sheet.

I figured out this action works when I use a button or a text object. Maybe it happens because they have their own triggers and don´t require document triggers.

Any ideas?

Gabriela

Not applicable
Author

Was there any resolution on this? I am having the same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are you using the ajax client ? 

As many triggers including <OnActivate Sheet> do not work in ajax mode.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

You can use text boxes as sheet and add actions to this.

As many of them (Actions) does not works in on open sheet trigger.

Let me know if that worked.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Yes, we are using AccessPoint, so <OnActivate Sheet> does not work. I can get a button to load the other document, but it isn't an ideal solution. Thanks.