Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PDF-XChange 3.0 - Print blocked in "Spooling" status

Hi All,

We use the printer PDF-XChange 3.0 (3.60 Build 0130) with QlikView Server (11.20 SR2) and we have the following error on our production server :

When users are printing from a QlikView application in AJAX the account service (cs_qlikview) launch the print with PDF-XChange 3.0 printer. And since two day all print launch are blocked in the status "spooling" (it work fine before) :

Images intégrées 1

So the user never reveive his PDF print.

Do you have any idea to solve this problem ? (we have the same configuration on our development and integration environment and no problem to print)

We have tried these actions with no success :

1. Restart completely the server

2. Reinstalle the print component :

- Stop Print Spooler Service

- Unistall and reinstall PDF-XChange 3.0

- Start Print Spooler

- Restart All QV Services

Thanks and Regards.

Adrien

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Has it ever worked?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The PDF print from AJAX worked fine last week. We have not made any configuration change.

The only thing I see is a recent problem with a user that has launched a report without filtering before (report loop over a field). This print has generated a RAM overload (35000 page to generate) and we have to restart the service to restaure the server availability.

EDIT: We found the following error in Event viewer - Application Log :

Faulting application name: QVS.exe, version: 11.20.11922.0, time stamp: 0x5194a88f

Faulting module name: drvui30.dll, version: 3.6.0.130, time stamp: 0x47b190cc

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x000000000006661b

Faulting process id: 0x8d8

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf323370fd4ed1

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QVS.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 3\pdfSaver\drvui30.dll

Report Id: a3bdf947-9e31-11e3-91f4-e61f13e7236b

Adrien

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would contact support and see if they can look at your system and help with a solution.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your help, I have also open a case to Qlik Support : n°00241441

Adrien

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Good, I see you are going to have a Webex with support today.

Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I have no news from support team, do you have any ideas where the problem can be located ?

In which folder of QlikView the report is built before be sending to PDF printer ?

Thanks,

Adrien