Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PDF report & Email distrubution

Hi all,

i had created a pdf report in qlikview using "Reports" menu in Qlikview .

After that i can't able to publish it to particular mail id's in a pdf format. mail server configuration test mail has been send successfully,but cant able to distribute that pdf file to email id's . Kindly provide a solution for this

Thanks & Regards,

Siva

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you have an email address set in "Override Mail" all emails will go to that mail address. If you want the mail to go to users, you will need to remove the address from the Override field.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Do you have Qlikview Publisher License?

If you have, it has PDF_GENERATION;YES;; flag?

Send reports as pdf you need to have a DSC with email attributes like CUSTOM, Active Directory.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

See if this will help you in the setup. Also, Ricardo is correct about checking you LEF to see if PDF is enabled.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

i follwoed the steps provided by you i am getting this below mentioned warning while running the task

.Warning: Note! This file has previously been created by this task and will be overwritten. Modify your filename template in order to fix this. Overwrite count: 1

Not applicable
Author

Take a look at the Reduced document name setting.

Warning indicates that you have not set a unique value so it will overwrite with the same over and over.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andreas ,

I had given some other name now the task itself is not getting executed it is showing in waiting state

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

I am receiving mails now but if i select PDF document task is not getting executed it is showing task status as waiting is there any other configuration i need to do for receiving a mail as pdf file , instead if i select qlikview document i am receiving mail like this but it is not getting received to the mail id i specified instead i am getting mail like the attached screen shot.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i am having Publisher and server license how to check this PDF Generation flag

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Look at the second page of the document, where I talk about  "Document name with the Region".

That should change the document name based on region.

Bill

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Check you license to make sure you have purchased this option. See below

aa.png