Performance drop on QV Desktop Clients since installation of KB4601319
Since the installation of the Microsoft security update KB4601319 we have noticed a significant drop in performance when using the QlikView Desktop Client software. The desktop client on the server works without problems. However, all desktop clients that connect to the server are affected. Web Access is not affected by this.
Server information: Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, QV Server Version: 11.20.12664.0
In order for Qlik to address potential performance issue with QV Desktop and MS update KB4601319, the issue needs to be reproducible in a supported version and environment. As both your versions (11.20/12.20) and O/S environment (Server 2008) are both no longer supported, Qlik Support and R&D cannot assist. If you upgrade QV Desktop and O/S to supported versions and experience the same performance issues, and the issues are reproducible, contact Qlik Support for assistance.
Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
there also is a update for .net framework which should address a performance problem (KB4601554). Did you install this too? I have this update only on my private computer which doesn't use QlikView, so I can't test it.
the .net update is also installed. However, I just tested it with the "newer" desktop client v.12.30 SR5 and it seems to work. I don't want to install the latest client version as the server is on 11.20 base. We want to move to a new qlikview server with completely new applications this year. That's why I would rather avoid updating the old server.
I have the same issue : since the installation of the Microsoft security update KB4601319 on Windows 10 client desktop we have a significant drop in performance when using web access with Plugin IE QlikView software from Windows 10 client
The web access on the server (plugin IE ) works without problems.
Server information: Server 2012 R2 Standard, QV Server Version: 12.50.20200.0
Plugin IE Qlikview April 2020 SR4 12.50.20400.00 32 bits Edition
I installed also update for .net framework which should address a performance problem (KB4601554), but the problem remains
We had been experiencing this issue for at least 5+ months. We're running QV Nov 2017 SR3 and could not locate any helpful fixes and upgrading our environment was too large of an undertaking at the moment.
We had some Windows updates installed this past weekend and performance has finally returned to normal! I can confirm that KB5005031 is what finally resolved the issue for us. I'm not referring to updating the server, but rather the clients' machines.
Since Qlik never confirmed this issue existed, it's hard to speculate the cause. However, the release notes in the Preview highlighted something that seems like it could be the link:
"We fixed a rare issue that might degrade performance in applications that callGdiplus.dll!GdipMeasureStringin a tight loop with a new font on each call. This issue occurs after installing Windows updates released on and after February 2021."
Not able to say with 100% confidence, but it does line up with our timeline of when users started experiencing issues.