cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aleks1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Performance drop on QV Desktop Clients since installation of KB4601319

Since the installation of the Microsoft security update KB4601319 we have noticed a significant drop in performance when using the QlikView Desktop Client software. The desktop client on the server works without problems. However, all desktop clients that connect to the server are affected. Web Access is not affected by this.

Server information: Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, QV Server Version: 11.20.12664.0

Client information: QlikView Desktop Clients 11.20.12664 & 12.20.20300 (same issue)

I know that this server version is no longer supported, but maybe someone has the same problem and has already found a solution for this!?

Labels (1)
  • Other

16 Replies
vannipan
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem with QV 11.20

Regards
Vanni

Aleks1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I'm sorry to disappoint you. The new update has not fixed the problem. Same issue with KB5000802 on Windows 10 20H2.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

In order for Qlik to address potential performance issue with QV Desktop and MS update KB4601319, the issue needs to be reproducible in a supported version and environment.  As both your versions (11.20/12.20) and O/S environment (Server 2008) are both no longer supported, Qlik Support and R&D cannot assist.  If you upgrade QV Desktop and O/S to supported versions and experience the same performance issues, and the issues are reproducible, contact Qlik Support for assistance.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
peterwh
Creator II
Creator II

Hello @Aleks1 ,

there also is a update for .net framework which should address a performance problem (KB4601554). Did you install this too? I have this update only on my private computer which doesn't use QlikView, so I can't test it.

Kind regards

Peter

Aleks1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello all,

the .net update is also installed. However, I just tested it with the "newer" desktop client v.12.30 SR5 and it seems to work. I don't want to install the latest client version as the server is on 11.20 base. We want to move to a new qlikview server with completely new applications this year. That's why I would rather avoid updating the old server.

Kind regards

Aleksej

Julien99
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have the same issue  : since the installation of the Microsoft security update KB4601319 on Windows 10 client desktop we have a significant drop in performance when using web access with Plugin IE QlikView software from Windows 10 client

The web access on the server (plugin IE ) works without problems.

Server information: Server 2012 R2 Standard, QV Server Version: 12.50.20200.0

Plugin IE Qlikview April 2020 SR4 12.50.20400.00 32 bits Edition

I installed also update for .net framework which should address a performance problem (KB4601554), but the problem remains

Another idea ?

Thanks 

Julien

clynch9918
Contributor II
Contributor II

We had been experiencing this issue for at least 5+ months. We're running QV Nov 2017 SR3 and could not locate any helpful fixes and upgrading our environment was too large of an undertaking at the moment.

We had some Windows updates installed this past weekend and performance has finally returned to normal! I can confirm that KB5005031 is what finally resolved the issue for us. I'm not referring to updating the server, but rather the clients' machines. 

Since Qlik never confirmed this issue existed, it's hard to speculate the cause. However, the release notes in the Preview highlighted something that seems like it could be the link:

Not able to say with 100% confidence, but it does line up with our timeline of when users started experiencing issues.