Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator

Potential Issues With Removing QlikView Mounted Folder

Hi,

I'm looking to remove 2 of the 4 servers from our QlikView system. I've moved all the dashboards from the servers to be decommissioned and moved all the associated NPrinting connection strings. I know I still have tasks that are referencing the old servers but these are old and should not be in use.

I'm hoping that I can just go into the QMC and delete the two mounted folders for the servers I'm decommissioning and any references to them will just be removed from the tasks and anywhere else in the QMC. Has anyone done this? Is there anything in particular I should be concerned about?

Thanks,

Scott

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

If you remove the Mounted Folder by deleting in the QMC tab you listed, if any of the QVWs located in that Mounted Folder have Document CALs associated with them, they will become Orphaned and still be displayed in the QMC. This is detailed in the previously provided article. As far as system functionality is concerned, it should still operate. I would suggest that you ensure all QVWs that are needed are in one of the Mounted Folders you want to retain. And that you make a backup of the %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer.Settings.ini file on all QVS nodes in case you need to restore.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @lgtsotrsdh,

If you need to remove QlikView Distribution Service tasks, please refer to Qlik Support article How to Fully Remove or Decommission an Application from QlikView Server/Publisher. Following these steps will ensure the tasks are successfully and fully removed from the QlikView Publisher Repository (QVPR).

Best Regards

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks. I'm hoping I can just leave the tasks as is and that any references to the deleted mounted folders will just disappear. Otherwise I'll have to check every single task which could take a while.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

If just the QVWs associated with the tasks are removed from the environment, the tasks will still remain in the QVPR. You could test to see if that is a non-issue for you by removing 1 or 2 of the QVWs to see if there are problems or not.

Best Regards

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

Removing the QVW files isn't an issue. I'm worried about removing a Mounted Folder. Go here:

System > Management Service > QlikView Servers > Folders > Mounted Folders

If I hit delete on one of these mounted folders and all references to the server haven't been removed, will the system crash or will it just remove the reference and keep on going?

lgtsotrsdh_0-1718391322287.png

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

If you remove the Mounted Folder by deleting in the QMC tab you listed, if any of the QVWs located in that Mounted Folder have Document CALs associated with them, they will become Orphaned and still be displayed in the QMC. This is detailed in the previously provided article. As far as system functionality is concerned, it should still operate. I would suggest that you ensure all QVWs that are needed are in one of the Mounted Folders you want to retain. And that you make a backup of the %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer.Settings.ini file on all QVS nodes in case you need to restore.

Best Regards

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Chip. That's what I wanted to hear. I'm currently shifting all the QVWs to the two servers we are keeping. I'll be sure to make a backup of the in files. As long as I'm just going to create some orphans but the system we'll keep running, we should be ok. Thanks for the information!

Scott