Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retrocolor
Partner - Contributor III

Problem Reset Macro Security

Hello,

We are making exports to excel through IE and a button starting a macro and for some users it prompts the error "ActiveX component can't create object Excel.Application". We tried to reset the Macro security level with CTRL+SHIFT+M but the key combination doesn't prompt anything (I'm not sure if this is because of some IE options).

The problem user is with Window7 and IE8 and doesn't have any entries in the registry for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\

Module ChecksumsBlocked

or  Module Checksums Safe

or  Module Checksums System

or  Settings for Qlikview Servers

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Radi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
retrocolor
Author

Hello again,

We have little progress on this issue. We changed the User Account Control level and now the problem user can change the Module Security Level and start exporting to excel. But it fails with

error_print.png

when the macro attempts to export some pictures to excel.

I've made some tests with user that didn't experience any problems - I changed his UAC level and then returned it back and now he experiences the upper issue.

Any help?

Regards, Radi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
retrocolor
Author

Hello again,

We have little progress on this issue. We changed the User Account Control level and now the problem user can change the Module Security Level and start exporting to excel. But it fails with

error_print.png

when the macro attempts to export some pictures to excel.

I've made some tests with user that didn't experience any problems - I changed his UAC level and then returned it back and now he experiences the upper issue.

Any help?

Regards, Radi

Not applicable

Hi,

Try the following:

1. Go to Tools --> Edit Module.

2. On Left hand down the corner, change the values from the dropdown.

a) Requested Module Security = System Access

b) Current Local Security = Allow System Access

It should solve the issue.

~Amartya

retrocolor
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your answer but the issue is resolved.

The main problem was with the User Account Control level and the error message in the second post turned out to be some change in the application for which I wasn't informed.

Radi