Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prees959
Creator II
Creator II

Problems upgrading to QVS April. 2019 sr3.. Can I rollback?

Hi, the upagrade from 12.10 to April 2019 sr3 didn't go according to plan and I had to abort towards the very end. 

Before I started the install a copied both the Program Data\QlikTech and Program Files\Qlikview folders.

If I carry out a clean install of 12.10 can I recover the reload structure, mounted folders etc from these backup folders?

Also in future, should I step up the SR releases to minimise any issues?

Many thanks, 

Phil

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Phil, I am likely a bit late, but I assume you figured out you were on the right track.  The key thing in rolling back is the QVPR files, if those get updated by the new install, then you have to do a restore of the old version of the files, as the schemas cannot be downgraded by the QMS, only updated.  That would have been the tricky part to have figured out, but everything else should have been fine I believe.

Here is a help link that may prove useful, and we will be posting an Upgrade paper to Community next week or the week after too that could be useful too, so keep an eye out for that.  Regarding the SRs, really should not matter, but sometimes there can be some compatibility issues that sneak in, so that is why it is important to test things thoroughly prior to updating production.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.