Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Promoting QlikView Server Refresh Tasks to Production Environment

We are developing and testing a complex schedule of reload tasks for our many QVW applications and their data.

Obviously we are defining all of these tasks using the QlikView Management Console GUI. Our Server/publisher database is currently using XML files not a SQLServer DB.

My question is: Is there away to promote or copy this schedule from our development environment to UAT and then Production without having to re-key tasks through the GUI?

I have had a quick look at the XML 'database' in the Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR subdirectiry and it is pretty daunting, filled with GUIDs and obviously there is no documentation from QlikView about any of this.

Has anyone developed a release process for this, would it be easier or what is the difference if we were using SQLServer to host the repository?

Any help appreciated

11 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @diagonjope 

I believe this article should help you. Step 2 (Migration) is what you're looking for, I think?

How to Upgrade or Migrate from QlikView 11.20 to QlikView 12 and up (000018975) 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
diagonjope
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thank you, Sonja!

--José