Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publish to Access Point and a PDF report on same task?

Hello,

I have created a qvw that has a number of reports within it and I want to publish the qvw to Access Point and also send a PDF report to a number of users. Can this be done within the same task through Publisher or do I need to create seperate tasks for both? Ideally I would want just one task for both to avoid duplication and memory for the reload.

Thanks,

Ralph

4 Replies
dde
Employee
Employee

Two tasks I'm afraid.  The file type option (QVW vs PDF) is task-wide.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I had a feeling that would be the case unfortunately. This is a reasonably significant downside of Publisher. On a similar note is there any way to save one of the reports into a folder everyday rather than going down the email route and of course not requiring 2 tasks? I have used the Publisher method of saving the report to a folder but there is no date added to the end of the report name so that it always will overwrite the previous days report which isn't desirable.

dde
Employee
Employee

You can still customise the destination name even when it's a PDF.  I know it's odd but the "Reduced Document Name" on the Reduce tab applies whether you reduce or not.  So here you can add dynamic values such as Date and Time and a report name.

You can then distribute to folder.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I'll have a play about with this tomorrow.