Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karensmith
Contributor II
Contributor II

Publisher tasks running extremely slow

Tasks in Publisher have been fine for in QV9 SR5, but all of sudden since the past few days. Jobs have been processing extremely long. This is effecting QVD reloads from AS400, SQL server and straight qvw files. Example, jobs that use to run 23 minutes have now completed in 2.5 hours one day beyond three hours the next and today I terminated job after four hours.

QV Server client is also affected. Jobs running extremely long.

CPU% and Memory% are okay. Our server platform is Windows 2008 64bit, 32GB of memory...

This has caused our environment to become unavailable.

I noticed our QVPR is about 65mb. Is this reasonable for QV?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Any ideas?

5 Replies
Not applicable

Your IT team may have already suggested/attempted this but a reboot of the server may sort things out.

Windows can be notoriuos for corrupting page files at times and it's not uncomment for virtual memeory to be used even when the physical RAM seems plentiful.

At the very least stopping and restarting the service(s) may be benificial (it may clear out any orphan tasks and release any memory leaks).

It may also be an idea to check if any scheduled backups have over-ran and integrity of the servers filesystem as the server may be struggling to repair it's filesystem and run your import jobs at the same time

karensmith
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I like the profile name and picture...

Thank you for your response. We have rebooted several times and have stopped and started services.

I will investigate corrupt page file and file system....thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you run the reports on their own and not through Publisher, do you get the same reload time?

karensmith
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes same result with 64bit client running on server

beristardj
Creator
Creator

Hello Karen:

In my case, I solved it!, starting qv distribution services with an user with administrative privileges on the server, not on the domain.