Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QDS Distribution Failed

Upgraded the Server last night to 11.2 SR6 from 11.2 SR4 .

All the reload tasks are recreated and the automated tasks are not reloading at the specified trigger and if reloaded i am getting the below error message any help is really appretiated.

Thanks

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Information: Document distribution done.

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Error: The task "XX" failed. Exception:

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Error: QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributeToResourcesFailedException: Distribute to resource failed. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Error: at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest)

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, IEnumerable`1 distributionResources)

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Error: --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, IEnumerable`1 distributionResources)

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Error: --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Error: at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

(2014-12-11 21:12:21) Information: Task Execute Duration=00:12:20.7008874

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

What are you distributing to? QlikView Server, Email or Folder?

Not applicable
Author

Distributing to QV Server .

Task Trigger reload is not working , If working the reload fails and the error i see is above. If the reload was successful , I am not seeing anything change on the access Point.

Upgrade to QV was done in new Box running windows 2012.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Are you distributing to a Qlikview Server ? If so, check the permissions of the document folder you are distributing to possibly.

Not applicable
Author

Have you checked the Distribution Services logs for errors or warnings?

Located at \QlikTech\DistributionService\[NodeId]\Log.

The Root_[date].txt is generally the one check but please look at all of them in this folder.

Not applicable
Author

12/15/2014 17:21:57.1503585ErrorThe task "TASK" failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributeToResourcesFailedException: Distribute to resource failed. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, IEnumerable`1 distributionResources)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, IEnumerable`1 distributionResources)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In the task on the Distribution pane, re-select and re-apply the Qlikvew Server target setting. That will sometimes fix the error.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Rob - Wow .. Apparently it worked . I have another 15 Tasks to run , I will see if that is the case with others . I will update the thread in a few hours

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It would be great if I could get a copy of your QVPR. If it's been failing for a few days, the copy in the backup folder should be fine. I publish a tool

QVPR Analysis http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/qvpr-analysis/

that I would like to update to automatically diagnose this problem, but I need a corrupted (yours) QVPR directory to test. If you're willing to provide me the QVPR, contact me via the contact form on my website Contact - Rob Wunderlich Qlikview Consulting. If not, I understand.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I looked into spurious failure of a distribution task, and realised from the log that distribute-to-qv-server uses QVP protocol, which relies on the QVS process being alive and well to receive and close the file. If the QVS process is 'in trouble', the file-write fails.

By distributing-to-folder, the problem went away, and also the file transfer is sigificantly faster (ca 1.6 GB file).